The Lyris Web Interface
* Everything you can do with Lyris, you can do with your web browser using Lyris' extensive World-Wide-Web interface.
can read, contribute, search, join and leave using the web.
* Members can choose to receive messages by email, or read them on the web.
* All administrative functions are password protected.
* Different security roles (list admin, site admin, server admin) allow you to delegate rights and
* Members can password-protect their accounts, or not, if they wish.
* TCP/IP address mapping: can restrict functions to a specific TCP/IP address. For
instance, so that only people on computers within your organization can access Lyris.
* An fast built-in mail engine can deliver mail extremely quickly.
* Built-in ultra-high-performance database engine provides thousands of transactions per
* Modern, C++ based multi-threaded design was built with performance as the top priority.
Automatic email error detection
* Built in mailer provides unprecedented error detection.
* Every outgoing message is uniquely tagged, allowing very accurate,
automated processing of bad email addresses.
* All email errors are processed automatically by Lyris.
* Members and administrators are completely protected from "error
* Web interface makes learning and using Lyris easy.
* Automated, wizard-based installation.
* Fully documented and supported.
* Extensive Perl API and sample source code provided free.
* Programmer's toolkit provided free.
* Online programmer's manual
* Source code to Web interface provided and can be customized to suit your needs.
* Secure TCP/IP communications protocol facilitates programming from any
language, any platform.
* C/C++ API and documentation provided free.
* Java toolkit being developed.
* Uses a FoxPro/dBase compatible database format which can be read from/written to using many Database and Desktop programs.
* ODBC driver
* Easy database importing & exporting of data. For example, easily import lists of email addresses.
* Complete documentation of database tables and fields. See
http://www.lyris.com/guide/ for more information.
* Supports "virtual hosts" so that many organizations can share one Lyris server, but each appears to outsiders as separate, dedicated servers.
Security roles and partitioning allow each site to operate independently.
Archives and searching
* Every message to a mailing list is saved to the mailing list archives.
* Fast text searching of archives (full text indices are
* Web interface works with all web browsers. We test with Netscape, Internet Explorer, Mosaic and Lynx.
* All files are fully cross platform. All
features are available on all supported platforms.
* Supports all major email command syntaxes (e.g.: subscribing & unsubscribing) so that your users do not have to learn new commands.
* Accepts list server email at all the major email addresses.
* Supports mailing lists using International characters.
* Multi-language document support. A document can exist in multiple languages, and Lyris
picks the right one.
* Automatically identifies the preferred language of users by their Internet domain (.de, .fr, etc)
* Web interface currently being translated into
foreign languages. We plan to support English, French, German, and Spanish.
* Runs on a wide variety of computer platforms.
* Multithreaded architecture scales well to multiple CPUs.
* Lyris Web Interface can be
run on a separate Web Server.