Overview of Site Administrator
The Site Administrator has control over all the mailing lists for one site on a Lyris Server.
To affect things that are specific to a single mailing list, use the List Administrator page.
Here is an overview of the different functions available in the Site Administrator section:
* The site administrator main menu lists all the things you can do.
* You can edit your site information. The Site information defines various pieces of information about your Organization, such as its graphic logo, its home page, the language you speak, and other
* You can create topics for your site. Topics are categories used to group mailing lists together. See Create Topic Page.
* You can create a mailing list. Lyris provides many features and options with mailing lists. This screen affects such things as whether your list is moderated, is private or open to the public. You
can also define whether this mailing list is a discussion forum, or one-direction "announcements" list. See Mailing Lists. Mailing Lists.
* The documents choice lets you create text documents for use inside Lyris. For example, you can define the contact information for your technical support department, and reference it every time it's
appropriate (for each mailing list, for instance). You can also have multiple language version of the same document--Lyris will display the right one. See Server Documents.
* Action phrases tell Lyris to look for certain words and respond by mailing the document you specify. For instance, you may want to prohibit swearing. Also, you can set up a "document robot" which
responds to certain phrases (such as "sales info" or "price list") by sending back the appropriate document. For more information about Action Phrases, see Site Action Phrases.
* You can create auto-responders with Lyris. An autoresponder is an email address that always responds by sending a document. For instance, set up a "firstname.lastname@example.org" autoresponder that sends
out price list to anyone who emails to it. For more information about Auto-Responders, see Auto-Responder.
* You can create people on your server who hold a special role. This allows other people to be administrators, and also holds their contact information. See Site People.
* You can view the log that displays various operating information. See Site Admin Log.